Thursday, July 29, 2010

Failing Faster is better than failing

I took some break - work is crazy.  Some friends who like to read my random self-help tips told me they are missing my typos:)

One of my user meeting yesterday, I whispered to myself "I want fail fast" - I want to see software bugs early enough ..". we all know it but can we say it loud?

A major benefit of fast iteration is you also fail fast. Failing fast means you invest less time in the things that don't work. If you quickly find out what works and what doesn't work, then you take action to turn it into something that does work.

Ironically, teams that fail fast improve as fast, if not faster, than those who try to get it right the first time. The reason is simple: Teams trying to get it right the first time fail as often as everyone else does. However, when they fail, they fail really slowly and struggle to pinpoint problems because they've changed so much at once, making it harder to identify solutions

No comments:

Post a Comment