Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tone of your writing ...

“Don’t use that tone with me, please I feel as though you’re scolding me
Not sure which movie this quote is from but this had stuck in my mind.
This is also very true in writing and I have learned it is hard way after unintentionally offending friends, family, colleagues, and Bosses.
This is also about focussing about positive and not the negatives. It is easy for us to write about what’s wrong, what we can’t promise, can’t do, can’t get; but most of the time this is not desirable tone. Negative word such as not, can’t, unfortunately, impossible are hints of negative tone.
Most of the time negative writing can be restructured in to a positive tone.. so take a deep breath... think positive and let positive thought guide you to write with positive tone.
Here is an example
Negative : I can’t finish this task now, I have other jobs to finish
Positive : As soon as I complete the higher priority work, I will finish this task.

... And here is great quote from a great singer song writer
Once you replace negative thought with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” - Willie Nelson (American Country Singer - You are always n mind)

No comments:

Post a Comment